Friday, October 10, 2008

The Stress We're All Feeling

Working in the financial industry, and especially since I work with people's retirement accounts, I've been hearing from lots of people worried about how much money they are losing in their accounts. I've gotten way too many calls from people needing to withdraw money from their retirement accounts in order to keep from losing their homes to foreclosure. It's so sad.

Worrying about our future is always at the back of my mind lately...hoping and praying that we don't lose our jobs. I just got an email from Pastor Steve from First Light Methodist Church acknowledging the state of the economy. He is going to focus his Sunday sermon on "Faith and the Economy." He will be talking about "what it means to be a person of faith during uncertain times" and that we need to focus our attentions to God for reassurance. He included a scripture from Psalm 27:13-14. I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Boy, it's hard to do, but I know I need to be patient. It will work out somehow.

No comments: